Socially Responsible Company
We are a socially sensitive company with constantly evolving principles and standards. We believe in Fair Trade and Responsibly Sourced products.
We care about our company workforce, our supplier’s workforce and the environment. Part of our responsibility in running an international trading business is to actively give something back to communities in the markets we operate. At Affinity Wholesale, we believe a responsible connected world is a better world. Through our social and ethical commitments, we are helping to fulfil our role in being a good corporate citizen.
We conduct our business in an ethical and responsible way. We act lawfully in every country in which we operate, consistently respecting our obligations to the environment, our workforce, society, our suppliers and a positive attitude to minority peoples rights in general. We seek to cooperate with companies that share the same standards of business ethics: equal job opportunities, respect for the workforce, a safe, non-discriminatory working environment, compliance with the law, exclusion of child labour, concern for society and protection of the environment,
We as a company are fully dedicated to protecting the environment and building environmental sustainability into every business function and process through our own“reduce, reuse and recycle” principle as well as the sourcing and collection of the materials that go into each and every product.
With our suppliers we expect them to aim to minimise their impact on the environment as much as possible. To this end, suppliers shall seek to:
- Make continuous improvements in their environmental performance and will identify, monitor and minimise the environmental impacts of their operations
- As a minimum, comply with the requirements of local and international laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate improved environmental performance over time, doing what they can to minimise their CO2 emissions.
- Minimise their use of raw materials, continually looking for more efficient processes and maximise their use of recycled materials.
- Continually strive to recycle as much of their waste as possible. Waste shall be disposed of in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible way and in full compliance with national laws. Avoid contamination of the local environment and ensure that air, noise and odour pollution is within nationally defined limits.
- Innovate to find sustainable alternatives to using fossil fuel-based and non-renewable resources.
- Minimise chemical use and abide by international, national and sector-specific laws and Codes of Practice for the use of pesticides.
We believe our employees are one of our greatest assets. At Affinity Wholesale, we take all necessary measures to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and provide a positive work environment that encourages professional development and growth. The long-term satisfaction and engagement of our employees are of the utmost importance. Therefore, we strive to create a work environment that is flexible, engaging, open to feedback and collaborative
Supplier Ethical Trading Requirements
At Affinity Wholesale we aim to act responsibly and manage the risk in our supply chain particularly in the area of human rights and material sourcing.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Due Diligence
We are committed to doing what we can to ensure that our supply chain is ethical and fair with products and services we buy, are produced under humane working conditions with respect for workers and their human rights. In addition, we want to ensure that our suppliers minimise their impact on the environment as much as possible. To enable this, we expect our suppliers of products and services to read and comply with the Base Code of the Ethical Trading Initiative (www.ethicaltrade.org) and the environment section of this document. Suppliers must also comply with local laws, whichever offers greater protection for workers. Where conditions do not yet comply, we expect our suppliers to be transparent with us about the differences and commit to improving those issues with our support.